1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I do both (but can only make a scarf with knitting..lol) and have really done Crochet more since I was very little picking it up here and there. I have for the first time really educated myself and practiced the last 6-12 months.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Dishcloths are one of my constant practice pieces and something I always make to use up left overs. I do give them as gifts as well as facecloths. Those tend to be more requested as gifts in the family from the girls who love my hand made girlie gifts soaps and yummies.
3. What’s your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven’t before ?
I really love cotton blends that offer some more elasticity (that normal cots do not) and have found awesome color combinations and feel in Cascades Fixation line which is super soft springy and beautifully colored perfect for facecloths. Dishcloths I love to do in: Lion Brand – yes its cheap and easily accessible. Little plug for Lion. I love em.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I love circular – even in crochet hooks. I have recently learned to do Tunisian. I collect all kinds of needles for different projects. My favorite is size H and I love the feel of the woods. I cant knit well dont understand the purl or patterns yet.. so I cant answer this as well as I can for crochet..lol.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don’t like much?
Rock Star Pink and Red. I do not care for green funny enough, even though I am irish something about kelly green always was kinda ick to me. Aqua Blue Chocolates Raspberries Lime
6. What do you like best about Autumn?
The seasonal changes fresh air and the fact I can really get out and enjoy being out, outdoors and going out with out humidity or heat exhaustion. I finally live in place where the trees wash ablaze in seasonal changes. I am really loving that!
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Pecan first and always because I am a true southern gal. Pumpkin next because those spices and warmth sing in the season. Apple.. eh.. not really.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn’t wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
First up out the door and over to the glue pots to smell all the wonderful new scents of school. Fresh crayons, crisp paper, paste and pencil clippings.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I live for Halloween. It is my Christmas. It starts Oct 1 and ends officially Nov 1. Even though black cats gremlins and ghouls stay around my house all year long.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible ‘goodies’ to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Candy Corn, Candy Apples and mashed potatoes.
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? 😉
I am single no hubbie for me! But I do have a tween who believes shes not only Uma Thurman kicking butt in killbill but the President of these here United States, A RockStar and of course fashion model. On the rare thunderstorm, she returns to my beautiful 12 year old pixie hiding under the covers with me giggling. She is my life I adore her – simply put. I do not know how I was so blessed to have her as part of my life. Not mom speaking out of pride here – but shes turning into quite a human being. We have 7 cats 1 dog 1 hamster 1 parrot. We love animals volunteer rescue and try to help where we can.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
Hands down would have to be Jacey’s EyeBall Yarn Its zaney crazy fun and all seeing!
I have my eyes out for the unusually wonderful at all times. This is why I am like this yarn!
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
The rougher they are the more likely they are to be used for dish. Squenchy softies are for face goodness only!
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Again the Hallows take it! I like to be scared I love ghost stories. I love to dress up prance around and be silly. I believe in things that others do not and Halloween is a celebration of this spookie spirit frolicking. Cool weather – the moon is always more beautiful and brighter – the whispers in trees seem creepier.. oooOOOOoo
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about
Mushrooms bee stings and oysters !