1 -tbl olive oil
1 -yellow onion peeled sliced
2 -cloves garlic sliced
1 -2lb pumpkin peeled seeded cubed (insert one can organic pumpkin puree here)
1 -lg potato your preference (insert one lg sweet potato peeled cubed here)
2 – carrots peeled sliced
1 – leek (only the white part) sliced (I used some celery I was out of leeks )
3 – cups chicken stock/broth (I prefer veggie and used that instead)
1/2 – cup dry white wine
1/2 – cup cream
Salt n Peppa to taste 🙂
1. Heat olive oil in skillet and slowly soften garlic and onion.
2. Transfer to soup pot and add veggies and stock. Bring to rapid boil, reduce , and simmer for 30 minutes. Add dry white wine after you reduce the heat.
3. Reserve one cup of liquid – allow to slightly cool. Pour soup into blender and puree until smooth or use a hand blender in soup pot.
4. In a small bowl add cream to liquid and stir. Slowly add to blended soup. Raise heat to soft bubbling simmer. 10 minutes.
5. Serve with style and enjoy your lovely soup for Holiday Brunch!
My edits are made above. This recipe is a combination from Sweet Paul, Better Homes, and Martha Stewart.
For the holidays I had intended a full service dinner. All courses, it of course didn’t happen. I did want to try my new soup combo and put my foot down on Mama when she said she wanted to cook. Next year as we will be away from home I am going to create a full service dinner based on where we will be (it’s a secret for now) or make sure service is available. I think its such a lost tradition at the holidays.
4. Entree with vegetables/side dishes
and petit fours (delicate candies) after Brandy and liquors